Site Showcase: The Laser Clinic
Simple Neutral and Bold. Maybe a touch of glamour. Am I describing a beauty website? YES you bet I am! Avery Wagner for Hoot Design Co. did a great job combining these features into a great services site for the Laser Clinic. And QUITE a great show of how to use a landing page for your designs :)
Client's Site Description: Website for a laser hair removal clinic in Columbia, MO
Template Chosen: Foster
Why did you choose that template?: This template is highly customizable and allowed us to seamlessly incorporate the brand’s feel and messaging through the style editor.
What was the Client's Objective?: The Laser Clinic had recently changed business ownership and wanted to launch their new look. They aspired to appear up-to-date and targeted toward their dream client.
Tell us a bit about the design process?:
1. First we sought to establish the dream customer. Who are they, what do they want, and how can we help them achieve their goals?
2. We got in their head and built our brand around these ideas.
3. We used trendy colors - from soft, pink pastels to deep, blue hues.
4. A unique design element we incorporated is the ink blot textures that we used throughout the site to make it appear visually cohesive.
How did you help the client differentiate their business through design?: We noticed that tons of laser hair removal places use sexual imagery. These photographs were objectifying and implied that women only wanted body hair removal for the pleasure of others.
Our goal was to make The Laser Clinic's customers feel empowered. They are living their lives for themselves and are uninhibited, and we wanted this to be evident throughout their experience with The Laser Clinic.
Is there custom development? What about custom added CSS? Can you tell us why you did or did not use these edits?: We used custom CSS coding to integrate the brand’s typography. We wanted all fonts to be the original brand fonts, but these weren’t able to be automatically preloaded. Therefore, coding was the solution.
What are the top three creative features you used in the design?:
1. The splash page. The first visual emphasis on the site needed to immediately set the tone for the user’s experience, as they are able to control their journey throughout navigation from the beginning.
2. Client testimonials. We used image style blocks to choose unique typography for each quote and emphasize their powerful language.
3. On-brand stock photography. Coupled with stylized overlays, curated stock content made the site look cohesive and on brand.
Anything else you want us to know about the site?: The Laser Clinic's old brand was totally out-of-date. We completely revamped the brand to reflect their true identity and updated their site to match their new brand.